“You need to know who your ideal customer is in order to know what he/she wants from you.”
We’re all familiar with the concept, and we all know we need it, but what does it really mean?
Your ideal client avatar (or customer persona) is a profile of the person who is buying your product or service. You need to know who your ideal customer is in order to know what he/she wants from you.
We reference your ICA a lot in our trainings:
- You need it in order to reach out on Instagram
- You need it in order to build your audiences in Facebook Ads
- You need it in order to create content that people find valuable
So what exactly is it that you need to know, and how do you go about finding it out?
There are a few questions you can ask yourself about your ideal customer that can help you to form an “avatar” – a virtual representation of the person you’re aiming to serve.
- How old is she?
- Where does she live?
- What does she do for work?
- What are her goals?
- What is she struggling with?
- What problem is she solving that you can solve?
- How are her struggles manifesting in her behaviour?
- How can you provide solutions or assistance?
- How does she feel right now, while “stuck”?
- How will she feel once she has worked with you to solve her problem?
These are really great questions that we recommend you take the time to answer about your ICA. We also encourage you to get flexible and be ok with the fact that this might change over time.
If you are more of a “quick fix” type of person, we have developed a cheat sheet questionnaire that you can complete that can help you to gain insights into your ICA every new week or new month. We suggest doing this every time you develop a new campaign or new content.